Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stickers and all!

I teach 4th graders in Sunday School at my church. This past Sunday's lesson was about how all of us have sinned, and that God gave us the ten commandments (law) to reflect the condition of our hearts. As a means of explanation for the children, I was to place a sticker on a child's forehead and ask how the child could 100% know what was on his/her forehead. The answer of course was to look in a mirror.

Well, last year I used some of the cute smiley faced stickers sent by "Highlights". For days I wondered, "where in the world did I put those stickers last year". Then on Saturday (the day before I am supposed to teach), guess what came in the mail? You got it! A brand new page of smiley faced stickers from "Highlights"!

Did I need those specific stickers? No. Did I want those stickers? You betcha. They fit right into the lesson illustration. Why did God provide those stickers like He did? Because HE is God, and because HE can.

God loves to provide for His children. But so many times - He gives extras. Extras just to let us know that He is paying attention to every detail. Don't you just love that about Him? He provides for our needs and sometimes our wants! Stickers and all!

No comments: