Thursday, September 16, 2010

Other Things I Just Want to Record.....

Last week was birthday week for our household. We celebrated my Mom's birthday in rare fashion...big night at the S&S cafeteria! LOL Once we got outside, my Mom said it sure would be nice to have a piece of Publix cake for her birthday.

Well since neither of us needs the temptation of a whole cake lying around, I discovered a few years ago that buying cake by the slice - although terribly expensive - was the best for us. So I drove down to Publix and got out of the car. As I was walking to the store, I remembered that my Mom loves cake with lemon filling. Not icing....lemon filling. So I prayed "Lord, please let there be a slice of cake in there - with lemon filling. After all, it's HER birthday."

So off to the cake counter I go. And guess what I found? ONE slice of cake with the icing she liked, and LEMON filling! I grabbed it (and one for myself - no lemon filling though!) and paid my way out of there.

When I got to the car, my Mom, who was waiting patiently, became almost child like with anticipation. She could not wait to see what I had in the bag. So I presented her with HER piece of cake...the one with lemon filling. She said "oh, good...I thought about telling you that I wanted a piece of cake with lemon filling, but I just didn't."

Again, "God thing" or coincidence ?

No comments: